Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Freezer Game - Home Stretch!

Wow!  Can't believe I last this long on this freezer food challenge.  Mom and Dad are great too!  Unconditional love and support for my cooking.  Whatever I cook, they always have positive things to say.  I notice that they have started drinking lychee sake every meal.  I wonder if that's to make food go down easier?  Hmmmm...

At any rate, good progress still.  It's like treasure hunting.  How about 2 boxes of soft shell crabs? I deep fried them in batter last night.  Tasted great but the batter was kind of thin. 

Note to self: follow the recipe next time!!

Tonight my challenge was frozen grounded chicken meat.  Can't remember why I got it.  Must have been on sale or meant for a particular dish.  So, I decided to try making this Elephant-Bar-like "Wok-Fried Chicken and Lettuce Wrap."  Pretty simple ingredients.  Again, see what you have in the refrigerator and in the pantry first.  I chopped up mushrooms and water chestnuts.  Sauted everything with finely chopped ginger and seasoning.  I made my own sauce with oyster sauce + sugar + balsamic vingar + sesame oil. 

Another note to self: check out plum sauce next time.  No need to mix own sauce.

Two more days left to the challenge.  I don't think I'll be able to empty out the freezer  in time but I think I have done a pretty good job thus far.

No comments: