Monday, March 07, 2011

Easy Freezy

Another great freezer food meal tonight!  Today's dishes were either steamed or baked.  Easy to make and easy to clean up.

Steamed vegetable soup.  Napa cabbage, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and ham.  Very simple to make and looked elegant.

I tried out a new recipe for steamed pork with  black "wooden ears".  Definitely a dish that I would make again.  The pork was seasoned with "sa-tay" sauce which was not usually associated with steamed food.  Yeah!  I learn something new everyday!

While two dishes were being steamed on the stove top, two more were being baked in the oven: bacon wrapped scallops and garlic butter escargot.  Yes, they were in the freezer.  Man, why haven't I eaten them earlier?

The giant scallops were from Trader Joe's.  I just wrapped them with bacons and they tasted like a million bucks!  I did not stuff the escargot in the shells.  Instead, I used the two stainless escargot pans that I found at Goodwill last year.  I put the garlic butter on the bottom, add the snails and top with bread crumbs.  Oven at 400.  The scallops in first and 20 minutes later, I popped in the escargot.

There we had it.  Easy and delicious.  I did good again!  :o)

No comments: