Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Freezer Food Challenge

WHAT'S IN YOUR FREEZER? I was looking for some ingredients in the freezer the other day. I took all the stuff out and really dug. I couldn't find what I was looking for - I don't even remember what I was looking for now - but I have a little mountain of frozen food. Ugh! All these food, and none what I need! How that happened? What am I supposed to do with all these stuff?

GAME ON. So I declared to Mom and Dad that we will have a food challenge in March. Our challenge will be to consume what's in the freezer and to deplete what's in there before I start stock piling again. This means though, I'll be making food that may not always be Chinese. It may be American or Italian. Heck, I may end up making Japanese or French (ya, dream on). Mom and Dad were good sports. They said let's go for it. So, here we go, from this Sunday, 2/27/11 through 3/31/11,we will play the Eat Your Freezer Food game.

GAME RULES: I can only use what's in the freezer and in the pantry. No buying of new food except milk, eggs, bread/bagels, veggies and fruits. I will allow myself to buy onions, garlics, cilantro, green onions - you know, things that make food taste good. And, I have to have my beer and wine to go with whatever I'll be making. And, timeouts on Saturdays.

WATCH ME PLAY, PEEPS. This should be interesting. A good cook should be able to make dishes using what's at hand and make them tasty too. I'll chronicle my food challenge. We will see if I can really cook.

No comments: