Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fresh Food Feast

Another great party was had on Saturday, 6/21/08. Our party is known for great food and fun. Live crawfish and fresh oysters were on the menu along with crab cakes, ribs, tri-tips, steaks, salmon, clam linguini, garlic bread, cheese platter, chicken salad, fruit salad, freshly baked banana muffins, cookies, and two cakes...

The crawfish was a big hit again. Love how the kids react to seeing bunch of live crawfish from the sack. There were squeals, laughs and giggles. Some lucky fellows went home as pets. According to Sandy who kept one alive for 1 1/2 years, feeder fish was the secret to its long life.


See the plier on the photo? OK, it's not the official tool for opening oysters but I forgot my oyster knife and the plier was the next best thing that allowed me to open the oysters up as fast as I could. The trick was to pinch the thin side of the oyster shells so there was a little opening and then slide the knife in between the shells. The oyster will open beautifully. I know, I know -- the professional oyster shuckers would have laughed their heads off but the end result was the same. Yummy!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: