Thursday, April 03, 2008

6 30 N, 9 30 W, Africa

Sherley IM me this morning (past midnight..., so it was yesterday). What a nice surprise! I have not heard from her in a while. I asked how's everything in the UK. She said she actually moved to Liberia! Wow! From the US to the UK to Liberia in a short 4 months time. Very gutsy of her.

Yes, I heard of Liberia. It's on the news quite a lot. But where in Africa again?

Liberia: a small country (size of Tennessee) in southern part of West Africa.

Now that I have a buddy in Liberia, I have to know something about that country. Check out The CIA World Factbook for a quick reference. One thing I learned today: Most of Liberia is tropical forests and the country gets about 160 inches of rain per year. Oops. I always thought it's a dry desert land. Sorry!

See how little I know about our world? I really need to do more reading and research. There is so much to be learned!

Perhaps, a visit to Africa is in order...

No comments: