Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Good Egg

I was in a baking mood this past weekend. Must be the rain. It was windy and raining outside. Inside, the sweet smell of baking filled the house. The oven heat slowly warmed up the house (at least the kitchen area). Perfect thing to do on a rainy day.

So I baked a kasutera on Saturday with Robert. On Sunday, I made a kahlua chocolate cake for Julia, who visited me in the morning. Then I went for the ultimate cream puffs in the afternoon.

All three used similar ingredients, but added the eggs in different ways. For kasutera, it was 3 whole eggs and 9 egg yolks and white in the form of meringue. For kahlua, it was 4 whole eggs right into the mixture. For cream puffs, it was adding eggs one at a time. Hmmm... same egg, different process, different result.

I wonder how did people know what to do with these eggs? Well, lucky me. I just have to make and eat the cake.

Egg. It's a good thing.

No comments: