Friday, July 10, 2009

Pinot: Flat or Sideway?

"You Drink, We Flatten" says this sign above a booth at the Justin Herman Plaza. People stopped by to check out the flat wine bottles with the wine labels still intact. The bottles were quite unique and they made little wind-chime sound in the soft breeze. I think they make good a conversation piece especially if you're the one who drank the wine beforehand.

I asked the lady how she made them. She said the process required high heat but also had to be taken slowly -- about 24 hours to flatten the bottles.

So What Do You Do With Flat Bottles? Besides showing them off, you can use it as cheese trays, small plates or spoon rest. Cool. I better hurry up and bottom-up.


So I'm thinking that I can flatten the double magnum Wente wine that Nancy gave me. It will be pretty impressive, but I'll have to drink it first. I think it's 4 750ML equivalent.

Wine and cheese, anyone?

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: