Monday, December 31, 2007

So What’s Good About 2007?

I’ve been thinking about what good comes out of 2007. The top 2007 news and stories are about the bads and the uglies. Where are the goods?

Perhaps 2007 is one in which people have to find/make their own goods out of the bad ones. I had to make some myself. For one, I’m a better Chinese cook now since mom can't longer cook. I’m grateful of every little thing now because my family is still in one whole piece. I’m more generous than ever because I still have a lot when many have lost so much.

Perhaps 2007 is meant to be a year of self-reflection through tragedies and sadness. People cannot fully understand the impact of things and events unless we have personally experienced them. We often don't appreciate the simple pleasures until they are taken away from us. For me now, if mom can wiggle one little finger, it would be the greatest joy in the world – JUST ONE LITTLE WIGGLE!!!

People often complain too much – me included. Perhaps 2007 brought us life lessons: stop complaining; just do it and make things happen.

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: