Saturday, August 06, 2011

Goodwill Hunting - III

Ta-Da!  See what else I have found in a Goodwill store! I found this little gadget at the Pinole Goodwill couple years ago and it was one of my best best find!!

What is it?  I was rummaging in a little corner and spotted this little odd shape box.  It was a six-sided box that contained a odd looking gadget.  It had 4 arms and a little window on the body to let you see the mechanism inside.

It had a long screw hidden in the bottom half, so I figured it must be a wine bottle opener. But, why so elaborate?  How does it work?  What the heck!  Since it was only $1.99, I figured I could buy it without feeling like a fool.

It was solidly built and made in Finland.  No instructions.  Are we supposed to just know how to use this thing?  I know, I know... don't bother to drink, if you can't figure out how to use this thing.  Well, it took me about 3 bottles to figure out.  Basically, you have to know the sequence of moving the arms.  Once you get the hang of it, it is too easy to use.  All bottles can be opened in less than 5 seconds even the most stubborn ones.  And, it spits out the cork effortlessly too!!  Wow!!

This is how it works:

1. Make sure all the arms are in upright position.
2. Secure the bottom half to the bottle by pushing it down.   You will hear a click.
3. Push the two short arms down together.
4. Then, push the two long arms down.  When the long arms are pushed down, the short ones go back up by itself.
5. Now, push the long arms back up.  And as you do that, the cork pops out!!
Voila!
Isn't it cool?  I love to show off this toy.  A great conversation piece and makes people work for their drink.  Yap, there is no such thing as an easy drink!!


This time: Suts scores one!

No comments: