Saturday, May 24, 2008

Paint the Town Red

Back to New York: This time I had company. Debbie, our Controller, sync-up her schedule with mine so we could do something together after work.

The Night Life: This is the first time that I really got to enjoy New York after work. We had good food, good wine, "Hairspray" and a comedy show. Weather was kind of unpredictable - rain, wind, sun all in a day -but that didn't stop us. We only had 3 nights to pack it all in.

We got 50% off show tickets at the TKTS Discount booth. It sells day-of performance tickets but no guarantee what you will get to see. We decided to just show up and see what was available on Tuesday night. So "Hairspray" it was. Great show!! Likewise with the comedy show at Dangerfield's Comedy Club on Thursday night. No idea who was performing but "buy one get one free" tickes from the web were great deals. Great entertainment at affordable prices. Life can't get better than that.

After I got to the hotel on Monday night, I did my little nightly walk. This time, I got to visit St. Patrick's Cathedral. The building is so beautiful inside and out. A mass was going on. I stayed for a while to take it all in - the prayers, the pipe organ music, the architecture, and peace.









My Sippy Cup: I had wine in a plastic sippy cup. Ugh! DON'T LAUGH! That was the only way we could bring wine into the theater to see "Hairspray." Of course, it was a ploy to sell souvenirs but we gladly played suckers.

Girls just wanna have fun.

No comments: