Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm Running Away

Well, after 2 years, I'm leaving my team. It has been a great ride though our team has gone through some bumpy roads.

We started with 3 and ended up with 7 - and we made a good name for HR and Payroll.

Our biggest goof was when we had to stuff checks for 2,000+ employees in 235 stores (the very first time) before the UPS truck showed up. We worked frantically and even had a plan to block the UPS truck from leaving if push came to shove. We stuffed all the checks in time but found empty envelopes and checks that had no envelopes... that was not a very pretty sight.

Our greatest accomplishment was when we had to sort 5,000+ W-2s by store numbers manually. Oh, the pains, the agonies, and the cursing... but we made it and pulled it through at the end.

Over the past two years, we lost 2 original team members and added a new one. Now I'm going, and someone will replace me... I know that she or he will be welcomed with open arms.

I wish my team the very best. They will forever have a place in my heart.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: