Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fusion Friday

RK and I had fusion food last Friday, 9/22/06 at E&O Trading.

I made the reservation on Open Table. I love Open Table! What a great place to review and select restaurants. It really helps with fulfilling another one of my 1,000 goals - to try out the top 100 restaurants in the Bay Area.

OK, I digress... RK went along for fusion food because he wanted to do studies for his restaurant designs. Normally, nothing can drag him to a shi-shi place.

For the study, RK and I were eyeing the decors, trimmings, materials, displays, furnitures, people, etc... E&O did good fusing East and West. Fried calamari was served with Asian dipping sauce; Indian bread was served with funky sides and coffee cream poured from a sake bottle.

E&O Trading had a energetic ambience. People were chatting, drinking, eating and really enjoying the night. It has pretty good food and our waitress was very knowledgeable. Love it! However, I was kind of disappointed with their cocktails and food presentation - little creativity. Nonetheless the overall experience was very nice. RK agreed to go back again. Now, that’s a stamp of approval and we shall have a real date next time.

No comments: