Thursday, November 06, 2014

Happy 49th To Me!

When I hit the big 50 last year, I told myself that I may not be that young anymore but I'm not that old either.  So, charge ahead Suts, there is still so much ahead of you.


A year later, I am actually feeling younger and more energetic than my younger self.  I think it is because I live up to my motto that I will live everyday to the fullest.  I may not have the resources to do a lot of the stuff that I want to do, but I do my best with the stuff that I can do.  So a round of applause for me please!!!

Thank you!  Thank you very much!

As I turn 51 today, I've decided that I am actually going to be 49.  Why not?  Age is just a number representing the physical time that we exist on this earth.  How we feel and how we live should not be bounded by this number.  So, there is nothing wrong being younger if I feel younger (and I'm going to be 48 next year).

Am I Benjamin-Buttoning?  In a way yes, but I am not looking to live my physical life in reverse -- I don't want to play with new kids if I go back to kindergarten  -- I just believe that our mind, spirit, soul, thoughts and feelings can be as young as we want it to be.  And, if we do a good job maintaining our physical health, heck, we may really be a Benjamin Button (that would be quite scary I think).

I have learned: Be true to yourself.  Be content.  Be happy.

Happy Birthday to Me!

No comments: