Friday, October 26, 2007

Miss American Pie

Apples, Anyone? Our backyard neighbor's apple trees decided to mass produce this year. There were apples on every branch - almost more apples than leaves! The neighbor lady poke her head over the fence every weekend offering neighbors apples. They were small but very delicious - crunchy, sweet with a light touch of tartness. Neighbor lady credited Dad for the harvest. He told her to cut back the trees last year. She did and that did the trick.

In return, I baked her a pie with her apples. She brought back my pie dish the following day along with another bag of apples. She said the apple pie was sooo good that her family ate it all in one day. I told her it was her apples.

Hmmm...was the bag of apples a hint for another pie?

Spread the love: I also baked an apple pie for the neighbor across the street. She rang the door bell one night at 1am asking if we were OK because the garage door was open. Being a good neighbor, she came to check us out. So sweet! One pie for you too. Dad brought it over fresh out of the oven. I heard a happy squeal across the street when she opened the door. Dad thanked her for her neighborhood watch but was also curious what the heck she was doing peeking out the window at 1am in the morning... She yet to return my pie dish. Was the pie that bad?

Carli Pie: Jason said she asks for my apple pie day and night. Wow, my biggest fan! So, here's one pie all for Carli.

No comments: