Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm Done!

OK. I can finally say that I've graduated because I was hooded by the Dean of the SFSU Business College on Friday, May 26, 2006. It will be officially official when I get my diploma in the mail.

It was quite exciting walking down the aisle with my fellow students. It made me want to cry because I realized that not everyone had this opportunity and I was one of the lucky ones.

So, celebration got started way before Friday. Thursday (5/25) night was dinner at Moonstar. Jean took me, Robert, Sharon, Kurt and Kurt's father, mother, sister and brother-in-law out. It was supposed to be Sharon's birthday but I'll take the credit for it.

Friday (5/26) was dinner at Little Henry's. Jason bought dinner. I brought my graduation cap along. Everyone got to wear it and had picture taken. The kids looked great in it. I hope they will go for a Master when they grow up.

On Saturday (5/27), Robert, Jesse and I checked out T-Rex in Berkeley and tried their BBQ baby back ribs and short ribs. I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5.0. The BBQ was the specialty but it was not a BBQ joint. I heard Bo's BBQ on Mt. Diablo Blvd. is good. It's a must try.

Sunday (5/28) was dinner at McCormick and Kuleto's at Fisherman's Wharf. Robert's second sister, Jenny and brother-in-law, Bob, bought dinner for 11 of us. I am sure that it cost them a arm and a leg.

Monday (5/29) was BBQ and seafood boil at Robert's. It was supposed to be my party (again, taking credit) but I was the chef for most of the day. I must say I did a pretty good job especially with the oysters. I BBQ them a little to get the shells opened. I then put butter, garlic and green onion on top. I topped it off with cheese and put them back on the grill for few more minutes until they were bubbly. It was quite tasty.

Tuesday (5/30), I picked up salad, shrimp cocktail and chicken alfredo from Costco and had a quiet dinner with Mommy and Daddy.

It's nice that I don't have to worry about school anymore.

No comments: